Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd encrypted password?!

On 27 Jun 2006, at 14:28, Chris Liles wrote:

Hello list!

When setting up mod_authn_dbd to hit a postgresql data base the documentation says that the AuthDBDUserPWQuery must return an encrypted password. Would someone please tell me how I am suppose to crypt the password when storing it in the database. I can get the module to work fine with a null password, and I have tried md5('password'), but no love :(

There isn't a utility for it, but the encryption is exactly the same as reading it from any other source. So you can, for example, use htpassword (for basic authentication) or htdigest (for digest) to generate the passwords, and then
just read the values into your SQL.

--
Nick Kew