Re: [users@httpd] (again) Can not define "default" name virtual host

On 27.06.06 14:31, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
> No, the VirtualHost entry tells Apache _where to listen_ for the request
> and nothing else.

That is, what docs says and how I understand it.

> The VirtualHost must match the IP:port combination of the request
> in order for that virtual host to stand a chance of
> receiving the request.

by "the request" I understood the destination IP address and port where the
request came, independently on the Host: header.

by "host receiving the request" I understood the virtual host (on the given
IP) whose ServerName or ServerAlias match the provided Host: header. If none
VirtualHost matches, the first has to be used.

> end of story.  Apache doesn't do it and unless you write a patch then I
> suspect no one else will.

Then, can at least someone help me to write such patch?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.