Re: [users@httpd] (again) Can not define "default" name virtual host

On 27.06.06 10:22, Pid wrote:
> I didn't say anything about *DNS* resolution.

Aha, sorry. I understand what you've meant.

> > requests for "195.168.3.66" should go to virtualhost "195.168.3.66" if they
> > come to the same address the virtual host is defined at, afaik no DNS
> > resolution applies here.
>
> Yes, you're probably right. But it doesn't, for reasons which I can only
> guess at.

and this is it, I've already come to this explanation.

> > The only place where DNS resolution applies, is where I define:
> >
> > <VirtualHost fantomas.fantomas.sk:80>     <--- here

> Umm, wha?

when apache loads its config, it will resolve fantomas.fantomas.sk to its IP
address and works with the IP. But as long as we bnoth didn't talk about DNS
resolution, this is irelevant...

> > in which case I can't have virtual host for "fantomas.fantomas.sk" because
> > it would fall into this one :-(
>
> You didn't say that, you said:

[deleted]

> And I'm suggesting that the following will resolve your problem.
>
> <VirtualHost 195.168.3.66:80>
> ServerName 195.168.3.66
> DocumentRoot /home/webs/195.168.3.66
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 195.168.3.66:80>
> ServerName default.fantomas.sk
> DocumentRoot /home/webs/default.fantomas.sk
> </VirtualHost>

In this case, no requests will reach "default.fantomas.sk" (this name does
not exist) because 195.168.3.66 will be default host. And the thing is I
want to differentiate between those...
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759