Re: [users@httpd] Just relax everyone

On 6/26/06, Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am not sure - if there is a problem with the system we lost a chance
to find and fix it. If the problem leads to many non english users and
small businesses to avoid using the lists we all lose out.

You are deluding yourself if you think that it was possible to
sensibly debug this problem with Mr. Xu.  His actions proved beyond a
doubt that there was no hope of a reasonable dialogue.

On the other hand, people who politely address themselves to me or to
the list almost always get help with their problems.  The first line
of help is usually "look at the instructions at the bottom of every
message".  But people who report problems with these instructions
almost always get further detailed help.

As far as problems with non-english users, that is highly unlikely.
Apache.org hosts hundreds of mailing lists with well over 50,000 total
subscribers.  If there was any systematic issue of this type, I would
have heard about it.  There may be other issues that apply to very
small subsets of users, and I would be happy discussing a problem with
anyone who believes they face such an issue.  I will not deal with
people who are rude or inconsiderate to others, except by banishing
them from the list.

Joshua.