Re: [users@httpd] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So you felt the need to flood us with emails?

hui xu wrote:
Please unsub me form the maillist, I have tried many times, the mailist continue send me the mails.

*/Admin <baronsoft@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Joshua Slive wrote:
    > On 6/23/06, Admin wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> There is one particular spammer who I want to deny access to my
    web site.

    >> He is leaving comments & sending emails through the contact
    form which
    >> are full of p*rn site urls etc.
    >>
    >> He is spoofing his ip address so denying access on ip is out.
    The only
    >> thing consistent is the browser he uses. The string returned in the
    >> access log is "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; MSNIA;
    Windows 98)"
    >> and I thought I can deny access to the web site for this user
    agent as
    >> till now this guy is the only one visitor to my site using a
    browser
    >> returning this string.
    >>
    >> I am a newbie and do not have much knowledge of regular
    expressions etc.
    >> I know that with the proper settings in the htaccess file I
    should be
    >> able to stop him.
    >>
    >> Mod rewrite is available.
    >> Web server is Apache 1.3.34.
    >>
    >> Any pointers/help will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > BrowserMatch MSNIA badbrowser
    >
    > Order deny,allow
    > deny from env=badbrowser
    >

    > Joshua.

    Thanks Joshua for the fast reply! Works like a charm!!

    Regards.
    Sanjay Dutt

-- The Dutts Home Site: www.thedutts.com

-- No virus found in this outgoing message.
    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    6/22/2006