Re: [users@httpd] Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

On 19.06.06 19:19, Anil Dighade wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to implement switching between HTTP and HTTPS. As
> read from various sources, this should be done using qualified URL from
> code. But is it possible in Apache to configure such switching depending on
> URL string. For eg. if I enter "crypt" word in my url, then on identifying
> that word Apache should redirect/rewrite it and I should be displayed that
> link over ssl.
> http://localhost:7333/docrypt.jsp then I should be forwarded to
> https://localhost:7334/docrypt.jsp
>
> I have tried some of the solutions that are available on net, but could not
> get success.

the easiest solution is to put this line:

Redirect permanent /docrypt.jsp https://localhost:7334/docrypt.jsp

into <VirtualHost> definition for localhost:7333

If you have many documents to redirect, you can play with RedirectMatch
and/or Rewrite*
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Saving Private Ryan...