Re: [users@httpd] WebDav question - mod_dav

On 6/19/06, Chris Toledo <Chris.Toledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got the WebDav (mod_dav.so) module in Apache 2.2. Win32 to work fine with one simple directory in a test environment. The problem is our production environment runs 1.3.34 and I couldn't get WebDav to work with that Apache version for the life of me. Instead, I was thinking of running 2.2 in production for the simple purpose of running WebDav and allowing our developers direct access to our content. We run multiple sites, each with it's own Apache 1.3.34 and IP. Assuming running Apache 2.2 only for WeDav isn't a completely bad idea, is it possible to run one <Location> directive (with regular expressions perhaps?) for all the sample sites below or do I need to create a directive per site? The developers need direct access to all the DATA folders below. Thanx.

Site1: D:\www\live\site1\data

Site2: D:\www\live\site2\data

Site3: D:\www\live\site3\data

It seems like you are looking for
<Directory "d:/www/live/site*/data">
Dav On
# etc...
</Directory>

Moving to version 2.2.2 on win32 is a good idea for lots of reason.
The 1.3 version on win32 has always been just a hack.

Joshua.