[users@httpd] Graceful on NFS slow

Hello,

when issuing a graceful command it seems that Apache checks all the DocumentRoots by trying to opening them to see if they exist and if they dont issue a warning.
In my current setup this results in a very slow graceful since all my DocumentRoots are on a NFS filesystem and checking them for some reason takes a lot of time.
So the question is: can I issue a graceful command without checking the DocumentRoots? So that Apache just loads the new config without checking it for faults/warnings etc?

Thanks,

Jan