Re: [users@httpd] Customizing Automatic Redirects

On 6/11/06, Damian Birchler <damian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

I have got Squid installed as an httpd accelerator for httpd. Squid will
not allow requests to internal.example.com other than per SSL/TLS. Squid
itself talks to httpd in plain text. Now, when httpd generates automatic
redirects -- what I mean by this, is for example redirecting /foo to /foo/
-- it tells the client to try HTTP://internal.example.com/foo/ which is
then blocked by Squid.

So, my question: Is it somehow possible to customize automatic redirects,
for instance by telling httpd to use only relative paths?

Relative paths are not legal in redirects.  Squid probably has the
capability to rewrite these headers itself (as apache's mod_proxy can
do with the ProxyPassReverse directive).  Otherwise, you can tell
apache to lie about its true hostname using the ServerName and
UseCanonicalName directives.  But you will still have a problem with
the scheme.  The latest development version of apache allows you to
configure ServerName to lie about the scheme, but I don't think any
released version can do that.

Joshua.