RE: [users@httpd] Invalid argument: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

I'll try it.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV [mailto:Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:19 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Invalid argument: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

I have had this kind of problems before, and I seem to remember I even posted a bug about it.

For your information the error message you get does come from mod_ssl:

bash-2.03$ find . -type f -name \*.c -exec grep -l 'Failed to acquire global mutex lock' {} \; ./modules/ssl/ssl_engine_mutex.c bash-2.03$

This problem appeared when I migrated from Apache 2.0.49 to 2.0.54. The default mutex for my platform (Solaris) was changed somewhere thereabout.

I ended up explicitly setting AcceptMutex and SSLMutex to pthread (the previous default) and never had this problem again. I believe using a file, fcntl or flock mutex on a shared drive is not recommended

-ascs