Re: [users@httpd] Single child process

On 6/6/06, Chappidi, Sudhakar <chappidi.sudhakar@xxxxxx> wrote:

I am using Apache 2.0.55 on HP-UX

Can any one know the configuration in httpd.conf to restrict the number of
child processes to ONE like on Windows .I used

-X Switch option but that doesn't help because it spawns a debug-single
child-single worker-process.

My Application is a CORBA app written as  Apache module and is
multi-threaded  so I am using Apache2.0.55 with worker configuration.

My Corba Application gets initialized through a url request which is handled
by a child process but, when the further requests come for processing they
fail because they are handled by the other child processes.

My Application runs fine on Windows as there is only a Single child process.

My requirement is like all the requests should always be handled by the same
Child Process.

That's not really a good programming model for apache.  Rather, you
should be using interprocess communications / shared memory /etc to
handle data.

But if you really want to, you can configure the worker mpm to behave
much like the windows mpm:

ServerLimit 1
StartServers 1
MaxClients 150
MinSpareThreads 0
MaxSpareThreads 150
ThreadsPerChild 150

A server configued in this way will always have exactly 150 threads.
There will be no adjustment to load.

Joshua.