RE: [users@httpd] SSL simple question

> > If I choose a CA like Verisign, I will have to import anything? I'd
> > like to have a secure SSL site without pay anything .... is it possible?

Hey.  If you're working at a university, specifically, using a .edu domain,
you can use this service http://certs.ipsca.com/ to get them for free.  I
believe the root cert for this CA is included in many distributed browsers
like IE, etc., but you'll want to verify this.  That is, you won't need to
install their root cert in your clients.  Otherwise, look up one of the
tutorials the other fellow mentioned.  I use openssl.  I haven't tried it,
but you could distribute your root cert via a webpage to make it really
easy.  With IE, you just click a link and it will install itself I think.
Test that out to make sure.  In the end, though, being your own CA is best
for intranet types of apps, not internet - but that's your call.

Good luck,
JP