[users@httpd] mods and cgis

I have a home grown web server that has some virtual hosting on it.

One host is only static content.
One host has a few CGI scripts.
One host has ~80% HTML::Mason driven pages (working on 100%)
One host hopes to include Ruby driven pages.

Because of the variations, I'm considering NOT using all the mod_ruby and mod_perl package and instead looking at FastCGI.

I'll worry about the Mason and Ruby pages later, they have mailing lists for that.

But on the basic CGI scripts.
Is there a known code change that I'll have to go through in order to make my CGI scripts FastCGI compatable? Is there anything applicable in terms of Apache or Perl?

Any experiences with this kind of CGI -> FastCGI migration or considerations to be mindful of?