Re: [users@httpd] Need help with mod_layout

On 5/23/06, Hex Star <hexstar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

but in the error_log for apache I still get an 500 error for the header and
footer saying "premature end of script" like it's expecting it to still be a
cgi/php script...running the latest version of the mod_layout module (
3.2.1) which compiled and installed without errors, can anyone please help?
What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get this to work? Thanks!

How do you know that mod_layout is at fault?  While I have never used
mod_layout the trouble you describe may be a simple CGI issue and not
the mod_layout package -- so Let's backup and attack this step by
step.

1)  Does the "script" (you know, the one indicated in the error logs
as generating the Premature error) you are using actually output a
proper Content Header?  Make sure that the first thing that the script
sends is:

Where the [CR] is whatever proper carriage return for the language in
question; for example, in Perl the header out command would look like
this:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

2)  After verifying the proper Content header is being sent; if the
script still appears to be failing - then please post the exact error
log line, unmunged, along with any details that appear in the browser
window.

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/