Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.2 having connection problems

On 5/26/06, Graham Frank <gfrank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
CPU: Dual Opteron 270
OS: CentOS 4.3 x86_64
Kernel: 2.6.16.5

Hey all,

Ever since upgrading to Apache 2.2.2, I've noticed that once every day or
so, Apache stops closing connections properly.  Just now, we had 787
requests being processed yet they had finished processing and Apache just
didn't close them properly.

The error_log contains no errors relating to this.  The access_log shows
nothing strange either.  The only reason I know this is wrong is that that
number continues to steadily grow and eventually hits MaxClients which
closes out connections to the server.

www.animeforum.com/jakiao/kirika.pdf - here is a PDF of the incedent this
morning.

ServerLimit 32
MaxClients 2048
MinSpareThreads 100
MaxSpareThreads 200
ThreadsPerChild 64
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
Timeout 200
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 7

The only reason MaxClients is set to 2048 is so that we have time to catch
this before it closes out new connections.

Would this be a nifty bug?

Thanks.

--Graham Frank

Hmm, look at server-status during this time.  Are the processes in
(K)eepalive state?  It may be possible that the client is continuously
requesting keepalives up to 7*100=700 seconds?

-B