From: Bo Najdrovsky [mailto:httpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:26 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] https to http proxy with Apache

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:
> In that case my guess is that it is the application that generates
> erroneous redirect URLs. Had tomcat generated the redirect URLs, theyr
> would have contained the port number also, e.g. http://andy:8012/
>
> Keep your configuration the way it is (ProxyPreserveHost Off) and add the following to the configuration:
>
> ProxyPassReverse /mywebapp/ http://andy/
>
> or
>
> ProxyPassReverse http://andy/
> (if within a Location)
>
> -ascs

Well, if you look at my original post, I'm already doing the
ProxyPassReverse.   My problem isn't with the whole URL being rewritten
correctly, it's only with the fact that it's switching protocol from https to http.  However, if I set the ProxyPreserveHost to 'off', then the URL is incorrect as well.  I'm thinking that I may try to upgrade the apache to 2.2.2 and attempt to use mod_proxy_balancer.  That one looks like it is more suited for what I'm trying to accomplish.