RE: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage

VPN/IPsec solutions might also be considered in order to restrict access from the Internet to only those able to establish a secure session... That would restrict the number of users who would be able to probe the webmail gizmo.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:42 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage

I rather imagined he wanted to avoid that the general public gets to see the login page. It's fairly easy to allow from intranet and deny from internet. However, I take you point that the OP will probably come back with a requirement that, in addition to the above, Joe Bloggs must be allowed access from anywhere. At that point it does indeed move out of apache and into the application layer (ie, the webmail gizmo).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle