Re: [users@httpd] How to determine build flags

On 5/11/06, Mike VanHorn <michael.vanhorn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way to determine what build flags were used to produce an httpd
binary, when all you have is the binary? I'm trying to upgrade the
oem-installed Apache, and I would like to be able to just drop the new one
in, so it would be helpful to know all the flags so it gets build exactly
the same way.

What you need to find is the file "config.nice".  On a standard apache
install, this is placed in the build/ directory under the ServerRoot.
Where it is on your system is anyones guess.

httpd -V
gives you some info, but certainly not everyting.

Joshua.