Re: [users@httpd] performance prob due to httpd's piling up

You're completely out of RAM.  Try adding another gig.

--Graham

-----Original Message-----

From:  Bennett Haselton <bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subj:  Re: [users@httpd] performance prob due to httpd's piling up
Date:  Sun May 7, 2006 11:55 pm
Size:  3K
To:  users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apache/2.0.52, CentOS 4, Dell Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ, 1 GB RAM.

Right now the output is:

[root@server1 ~]# free -m
Mem:          1009        993         15          0          0         10
-/+ buffers/cache:        982         26
Swap:         2047       1672        374

but I think that's because a process called webalizer is running which must
be what they use to parse the day's logs.

So is there a reason those extra instances of httpd keep hanging around in
memory when there's nothing left for them to do, and would it increase
performance if I could make them go away?

         -Bennett

At 11:39 PM 5/7/2006 -0500, Graham Frank wrote:
>Hey,
>
>What OS?  What version of Apache?  Could you show us an output of "free
>-m"?.  What are the server specs?
>
>--Graham

--- message truncated ---