From: a nn [mailto:alkhimey@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 03:41
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Re: ASP on Apache

Hi,
Thank's everyone who answered me. I think that I will try mod_adpdotnet. Is it easy to install mods? Do mod_adpdotnet support asp? All I need is to use session, connection, request and other simple objects. It is for a school project, so I cant use asp.NET.

Thank you
Artem Nehamkin
Sascha Kersken wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> You actually have to buy another piece of software to
>> support ASP.NET under Linux with Apache. I don't
>> remember the name of the software.
>
> That's mod_adpdotnet which you don't actually have to buy because it's
> free software under the terms of the Apache Software License. See
> http://httpd.apache.org/cli/

I think what Jonathan ment is that there is a commercial ASP for Apache product
out there (chili or something). Quite dated.

ASP is dead. Microsoft has declared ASP dead, which makes it rather silly to
figure out how to use a dead Microsoft technology on a non-Microsoft solution.
Bury it already and move on to ASP.NET which brings with it plenty of advantages.

For Linux, one would need mod_mono for ASP.NET script. For Windows you are
correct, Apache can use mod_aspdotnet, which is pending a release very shortly
for Apache 2.0 + 2.2 (the current release and snapshot only run on Apache 2.0).
-----------------------
a nn wrote:
> Hello
>
> How do I enable ASP on Apache server 2.0? Is it possible at all?

Commercially, there's SUN ASP (formerly Chilisoft):
http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=420a8e72

There's also mod_aspdotnet, and mod_mono, but they're both for asp.net I
think.

Joost
There's also Apache::ASP which runs under mod_perl. It's not 100%
compatible with "real" ASP, but should work for most applications...

Issac