RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess and WAP 1.1

Thanks for testing it for me.

> Thanks. Testing from the command line works perfectly: the URL above
> produces a 302 redirect to
> http://www.stoddardsoftware.com:8080/mobilemovies/m/nate which returns the
> WML file. So no probs with the apache config.
>
> Testing with an online WAP browser (http://www.wapsilon.com/) works
> perfectly - the WML file is displayed and is functional.
>
> Testing with my Nokia 6230 works perfectly - the WML file is displayed and
> is functional.

That's good.  If you could also go here:  http://www.go2mm.net/test with
your Nokia.  It'll just pull the HTTP request information from your phone.
 It's the same information I posted previously about the phones that
failed.  The response is text/plain and some phones won't display that,
but if you don't get a 404 error, it'll still have stored the HTTP data.

> So I would conclude that there is nothing wrong with the setup at your
> end. I think you need to look at the setup at the phone's service
> provider. To recap how WAP works, the phone makes a proprietary (eg, GPRS)
> connection to a WAP server located in the phone company's premises, and
> submits the URL. It is the WAP server that makes the HTTP request to your
> server. It's not really the phone that receives the redirect, it's the WAP
> server - if it is unable to resolve the redirected hostname or (more
> likely) if it cannot issue a request to port 8080 (maybe a FW rule), then
> the request will fail.

I can go directly to the redirect URL (the :8080 one) without issue.  I
only get the failure when I go to the first URL which is then redirected
to the :8080 URL.

> Do the phone's you've tested with all have the same service provider? Can
> you find and try a different phone?

The phones that I tried are different types and different providers. I
have a Siemens phone from AT&T Wireless (now Cingular).  The Motorla phone
was from Verizon.

Who is your service provider?

Thanks for the help,
-Nate