Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess and WAP 1.1

Hi,

Boyle Owen wrote:
>>> 	please snip the reply appropriately where possible.
>>>
>> Sorry.
>>
>>> So what _exactly_ is the redirect that gets sent to the
>> phone (i.e..
>>> is it exactly 'http://serverB/m/nate'?  It seems to me that the
>>> redirect may be wrong.  Your PC can resolve it but the
>> phone can't.
>>> Have you tested the same scenario from another machine on the
>>> Internet, not on your LAN?
>>>
>> I have tried this multiple computers on different networks.
>> Here is my htaccess from my earlier post:
>
> Doesn't mean much... Could all be using the same DN server for all we
> know. I understand you being coy about revealing your actual domain name
> but in this case you are hindering people trying to help you. It is
> starting to look like a DNS issue whereby some machines on undefined
> networks are resolving urlB to the correct address while the WAP server
> that the phone connects to is resolving urlB to an address that "doesn't
> work".
>
> If you could tell us what urlB and urlA actually are, we could test it
> in about 10 seconds.
>
> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle
>
>> -----
>>> .htaccess
>>>   RewriteEngine on
>>>
>>>   RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.urlAA.net$ [OR]
>>>   RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^urlAA.net$ [OR]
>>>   RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mm.urlAA.net$
>>>   RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.urlBB:8080/myservlet/$1 [R,L]
>> -----
>>
>> The $1 seems to be picking up the "/m/nate" part of the URL correctly.

OK, the thing that strikes me about your RewriteRule is that you have
'www.urlBB:8080'.  It may be the way you've munged it but is this really
the FQDN or should it really be 'www.ulrBB.net:8080' or such like?

Some browser will automatically try appending '.com' to the host name if
the lookup for the host name fails.  Your phone may not be this clever.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@xxxxxxxxx
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.