RE: [users@httpd] Question about setting up secure service

You have to define *precisely* what you mean by "no joy", "can't get to work", "didn't work" and other vagueosities... Did you get browser alerts? Did the pages load? 404? 401? 500? No connection? What?

It is essential to understand in detail what happens before any attempt can be made at debugging.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> A call to their
> customer support indicates that the CA lets me secure a
> specific subdomain, BUT they also want a unique dedicated
> internet ip address before letting me secure a "subdomain"
> with one of their certs.
>
> Is there a different CA or some way I can to secure a
> subdirectory or subdomain without getting another dedicated
> IP address? Can anybody tell me what is the best way to set up for us?
>
> below is my ssl.conf
> <IfDefine SSL>
>
> Listen 443
>
> AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
> AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl
>
> SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
>
> SSLSessionCache         dbm:logs/ssl_scache
> SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
>
> SSLMutex  file:logs/ssl_mutex
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443>
> #<VirtualHost *:443> (doesn't work)
> #<VirtualHost _default_:443>
>
> DocumentRoot "C:/Homepage/secure"
>
> <Directory "C:/Homepage/secure">
>     SSLRequireSSL
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> SSLEngine on
>
> SSLCipherSuite
> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
>
> # 3 fiels sent to me from the CA
> SSLCertificateFile C:/Homepage/Certs/www.psychtest.com.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile C:/Homepage/Certs/MyCertifcate.key
> SSLCertificateChainFile C:/Homepage/Certs/sf_issuing.crt
>
> SSLVerifyDepth  5
>
> <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
>     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> </FilesMatch>
> <Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin">
>     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> </Directory>
>
> SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
>          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
>          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>
> CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
>           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> </IfDefine>

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.