Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess and WAP 1.1

Hello,

I guess a better question is:  What format does Apache return to the
browser when a page is redirected?  Is it HTML, WAP or something else?

I did some more experimenting with another person's cell phone, and I
found that their phone did NOT get the 404 message.  Here are the WAP
profiles of the phones:
 Not_working phone :
http://communication-market.siemens.de/UAProf/SL56_10.xml
 Working phone     :
http://motorola.handango.com/phoneconfig/v300/profile/v300.rdf

Not_working phone's supported versions:
 HTML  = 4.0
 XHTML = 1.0
 WAP   = 1.2

Working phone's supported versions:
 HTML  = none
 XHTML = 1.1
 WAP   = 2.0

I looked at the accept headers from the phones, and most of the ones I
expected to see where there for both phones.
 text/html
 application/xhtml+xml
 application.vnd.wap.wmlc
 application.vnd.wap.wmlscriptc
 application.vnd.wap.xhtml+xml

The Not_working phone's accept also has */*.   Does that effect what
Apache will return on redirects?  I'm not sure why that phone would send
that in the accept header, since it obviously can't really support */*
like a standard desktop browser.

If I've posted in the wrong list, please let me know.

Thank you for the help,
-Nate