Re: [users@httpd] intercept incoming requests in Apache Web Server

On 4/27/06, Tiago Semprebom <tisemprebom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with QoS (quality of service) and I'm using
> the Apache web server to implement my QoS policy. For
> that, basically I'll need to intercept all incoming
> requests in Apache and after that, separate this
> requests in different queues, according with their
> priority. So, some questions:
>
> 1) - What Apache module or function is responsible
> for receiving the incoming requests?

You may want to look at some developer docs like:
http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/request

> 2) - Doesn't already exist some structure to
> handle this requests or something like that?

I'm not an expert in this topic, but what you want doesn't sound
feasible.  In the Apache httpd architecture, threads or processes get
to listen on the accept queue and grab new requests as they come in.
If they read a request and decide it is low priority and they don't
want to handle it, there is really no way for them to shove it back on
the queue.  They are stuck with it and must either serve it or dump
it.

Joshua.