Re: [users@httpd] mod_access and Client IP's from Load Balancers

On 4/24/06, Jeff Nokes <jeff_nokes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Yes, that is correct.
> But since I cannot use arbitrary headers, these options aren't viable for me.  Basically, I need to restrict the same Location, via a single restriction (preferably via IP subnets), using an explicit defined Header from 50% of web traffic [Netscaler], and the REMOTE_ADDR (or whatever mod_access uses to get the client IP) [BigIP] from the other 50%, at the same time; SetEnvIf will only help me with the Netscaler traffic.  I need a single solution to handle both scenarios.

As I said, you can ADD the new "Allow from" to your existing block to
get both restrictions.  You just need to make sure that those coming
thorugh the BigIP can't fake the header that passes the IP address
from the Netscaler.  Otherwise, you can verify both the source IP and
the header, but it will require mod_rewrite.

Joshua.