[users@httpd] Is per file configuration easily possible?

Hi

If I have an index.html in directory xxx that I want to be accessible
only from the yyy domain I know that I can use something like:

<Files index.html>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from yyy
</Files>

in a .htaccess file or enclosed in <Directory xxx> ... </Directory> in
the main configuration. However, it will block access to every
index.html from this directory down, until told not to. To stop this
configuration from propagating down the directory tree, I need something
like:

<FilesMatch ".*">
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>

for all contained directories.

Is there any better way to associate configuration with a single file?

The reason I ask is that I'm porting an existing site developed using
Netscape/iPlanet/Sun serving software, where many directories contain
.nsconfig files to provide per file access control.

Thanks

Steven