From: Browne, Anthony A [mailto:aabrowne@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:14 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Forward port 443 requests, but use mod_rewrite on port 80 requests

OK, I've been working on this all day and I have some more observations. The workstation browsers (hereinafter 'browsers') have their LAN proxy settings configured to the Apache server's IP and port 80.
	Now, the Apache server is only listening on 80. So, when the browsers want to CONNECT to an https site, what does the request look like to Apache?
It appears even if I have a *:443 virtual host, it doesn't get touched. I even tried to Listen on 443 as well, but it won't bind. A _default_:* doesn't get touched either. How do I a) listen on one port and b) use different virtual hosts to proxy requests from the browsers?