[users@httpd] Can a new directive RemoveOutputFilterByType be added?

Title: Can a new directive RemoveOutputFilterByType be added?

I am using mod_deflate to compress output contents. I’d tried to compress everything except PDF etc. using SetOutputFilter. But the configuration based on file extension in URI, SetEnvIfNoCase, will not work because the PDF is generated dynamically with URL http://foo.com/getReport?type=pdf. I had also tried not to compress anything but the specified MIME types using AddOutputFilterByType. But a tedious list of types has to be maintained. Is there any way to do it better?

Combining merits of above two methods suggest a solution. Use SetOutputFilter to compress everything, use SetEnvIfNoCase to exclude gif etc., and use “RemoveOutputFilterByType”, an opposite operation of AddOutputFilterByType, to exclude PDF. Can a new directive RemoveOutputFilterByType be added to Apache?

Thanks,
Sherwin