Re: [users@httpd] proxy only asp files

hello :)

cheers for your feedback, i have just tried what you said and i'm getting this ...

<%pageTitle="Page Title" %>

which just says the .asp files arn't being parsed by IIS

oh and i think i got something working with mod_rewrite but i had a big problem of ...

if i had a default document setup of say ..
index.php index.asp index.htm

if there was a default document of index.htm it will say file not found because apache was asking IIS for the .asp file for the default document and IIS was giving back html code that was sent on the to browser. :( and having the .asp file at the end of the Default document line ment that if there wasn't a default document an index listing wasn't shown, but i want an apache index listing if there isn't a default document.

I wish it would just work like that, would be so much easier

also the dir layout that is being hosted it set out something like the following ...

http://srvaddr/userid/*

* = users file, could be anything
so its not just a single application if it was i would just sit it on a single dir and reverse proxy that single dir, i have done that before.

I have started writing a perl app that will submit requests the same as what the client requested, lol should be good for learning :).

Cheers,

Matty.

Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV wrote:
 Maybe I have completely misunderstood your problem, but I'll give it a try anyway.
From my understanding you have an ASP application running on some IIS behind an Apache server, and you want to proxy all requests to the ASP application to the IIS, and have the Apache server respond directly to any other request. I will assume that the ASP has a .asp extension.

mod_rewrite is your friend:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*\.asp)$ http://172.19.13.16/$1 [NC,P]