[users@httpd] Apache, Virtual Hosting, Dymamic IP, DNS2Go, GoDaddy

Thx to everybody's help in this regard.
This seems to work:
Had to change the forwarding in godaddy to
realftp  http://www.realwebonline.net:81
realsms  http://www.realwebonline.net:82
and on my local pc the hosts files to
10.0.0.2        www.realftp.net:81
10.0.0.2        www.realsms.net:82

As I am also experimenting with NetTalk4 WebServer on the same PC you may not get the results you may expect if you try and see these webpages. http://www.realwebonline.net may give you a NetTalk4 page from time to time.
The new improved script is:
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
      DocumentRoot "C:/_MySites/docs/realwebonlinenet"
  ServerName www.realwebonline.net
  #ServerAlias www.realwebonline.net realwebonline.net
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
  ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realwebonlinenet-error.log
  CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realwebonlinenet-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
Listen 81
NameVirtualHost *:81
<VirtualHost *:81>
DocumentRoot "C:/_MySites/docs/realftpnet" ServerName www.realftp.net
  #ServerAlias www.realftp.net realftp.net
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
  ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realftp-error.log
  CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realftp-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
Listen 82
NameVirtualHost *:82
<VirtualHost *:82> DocumentRoot "C:/_MySites/docs/realsmsnet" ServerName www.realsms.net
  ServerAlias www.realsms.net realsms.net
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.htm index.php
  ErrorLog C:/_MySites/logs/realsms-error.log
  CustomLog C:/_MySites/logs/realsms-access.log common
</VirtualHost>

jvz wrote:
As I think about it, I think the easiest thing would be to forward your

other domains to realwebonline.net:81 and realwebonline:82

Then in Apache you can use mod_rewrite to do redirection from realwebonline:81 to medxinfo.net, etc.

I wish I had time to help you figure out the details!

--Larry

jvz wrote:
Thx! It does make sense!

Larry Flathmann wrote:
Hi Johan,

It looks to me like the problem is not with Apache, the problem is with your DNS forwarding.

If you forward another domain to realwebonline.net, then Apache is going to receive a request for the realwebonline website, and Apache is going to respond with the realwebonline website.

I'm not familiar with Dynamic DNS forwarding, but to get it to work you have to direct your DNS to the ip address of your server, not to the domain name of realwebonline.net.

One workaround that you might try is to do your DNS forwarding to different port numbers. Then at your router or in Apache you could distinguish between the different websites by port number.

Hope that helps!
Larry

jvz wrote:
Hi
Have been trying to solve this on the comp.lang.clarion News Group but to no avail.
I will just post some of the replies.
===
Hi
Apache, Virtual Hosting, Dynamic IP, DNS2Go, GoDaddy.
I am having problems with Virtual Hosting.
www.realwebonline.net points to the Name Servers of DNS2Go i.e.
ns1.dns2go.com etc. as suggested by DNS2Go.

====================
Kind Regards,
Johan van Zyl
JVZ Systems CC/realcorp.net