Re: [users@httpd] redirect debacle

Perhaps you could give me some hints for doing this with mod_rewrite, if you have previous experience? It looks quite involved.

Thanks again,
Paul

From: "Kishore Jalleda" <kjalleda@xxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] redirect debacle
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:05:08 -0400

I guess you need the Rewrite directive for what you are trying to acheive,
as far as the syntax for Redirect goes

                            Redirect [status] URL-path URL

notice that the second argument is a URL-path which is supposed to be PATH
(absolute or relative), and not a URL like you defined.

There are two walk arounds for this

1) Go into the config section of http://csquared.stanford.edu/, and do this
Redirect permanent    /   http://wilkinson.stanford.edu/csquared/

2) Or use Mod_Rewrite to rewrite the URL

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com