Re: [users@httpd] Apache Starts Intermittently

Thanks for the quick reply.
This may be the way things _should_ work, but apparently it isn't the
way they actually work...
Using either the init scripts (which kill Apache with:
kill -USR1 $(</var/run/apache.pid)
Or `apachectl stop`, any open connection is closed right away (at
least when I tested it with telnet):
$ telnet localhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
In my tests, it also comes up just fine afterwards.

Another reason I would not suspect it has anything to do with
connections is that I sometimes get the problem when the machine
re-boots (no way a connection could persist through a two minute
reboot, is there?)