[users@httpd] Redirects in .htaccess or virtual hosts

Hi,

I have a redirect question. In the .htaccess file we use on one of our
servers we want about 400 redirects of the form

Redirect /anyplace/anyfile /anotherplace/anotherfile

And this for about 20 virtual hosts ( so 20 .htaccess files)

I have searched everywhere, but apache requires this form

Redirect /anyplace/anyfile http://qualified-url/someplace/somefile

And this is rather a maintenance-problem. All the .htaccess-files need
different qualified-url in the redirected link and if you change things in
one you just can not copy the changed .htaccess but have to change all the
files manually.

Does anybody know an easy work-around or genius solution for this?

Tnx