RE: [users@httpd] RE: Reverse proxy with response update (once again)

Thanks Nick for your answer,

That's what I tried to explain in my first post but had no answer ... It was certainly not clear enough ! :-)

> There are a lot of filters available, and the
> single most powerful one (mod_publisher) is itself highly
> extensible by plugging in your own modules to its parse.
> Chain more than one filter if you really need to - though it
> should rarely be necessary to chain more than one filter in a
> single class (such as "markup transforming filter").
>
> > I would like to be able to send the entire response stream to a
> > servlet for treatment (and xslt is only one part of this treatment).
>
> XSLT would be a different filter, and can of course be chained.
> But of course, XSLT cannot be streamed, so any XSLT will kill
> your performance if you have any larger documents.

That's my problem. I'm using a Cocoon environment to do a lot of work on an XML response stream and its SAX-based pipeline architecture is, I think, the best solution to have good performances.
So, what I would like to is to be able to say to the Apache reverse proxy, when you receive that content type, send the response to that servlet (here Cocoon running on Tomcat). So the filter I need is a java one and I don't know if it can works.

Thanks,

Eddy