Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql

Noah Silverman wrote:

This was going to be a simple task of updating apache to 2.2.

Noah - from the Apache side of this coin, if this is mission critical, why
go with the bleeding edge / dot-zero release?  Why not stay at something
proven, and attempt to change gears at the last minute, which will almost
always result in...

Something along the way got screwed up. I've spent close to 24 hours on this with no sleep. We, of course, tried this on a test sever before touching the production one. The weird thing is that it worked perfectly on the test machine.

Been there many times, my sypmpathies.  Have you looked at the databases
and client connetors themselves as suspect?

The server in question is a KEY webserver used by our clients to access their accounts. Our customer support system is flooded with people who are upset about the server being down. Myself, and all the other parties concerned, would consider the loss of a key webserver to be "mission critical".

Thus, reset to your restore point, and reevaluate what went wrong in the
post mortem.

The definition of spam is "unsolicited commercial e-maill". This is nothing of the sort. It is not an attempt to sell anyhing, or scam anyone. I am simply asking for help in the correct forum.

FOUR TIMES IN AS MANY HOURS?  I assure you most competent helpers on this
forum will feel nagged, and not at all inclined to help after you fill their
inbox.  *That's* spam.

I cross-posted because the lists have different audiences. Not everybody reads all the lists.

Your ettiquite error is NEVER NEVER cc multiple lists, for exactly the reason
you mentioned.  Sure, send the same message to four different lists.  But please
don't cc them, it's going on 25 years that it's been considered in bad form,
long ago and far away on the newslists.

I hope you solve your issue, but realize sending the same message four times
in four hours to four lists will simply irrate the 64 people who might have
otherwise helped you.  And I really encourage you to stay away from the bleeding
edge of the knife on production boxes, in the future.