Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql

Nick,

I'll happily pay a "professional" rate if someone wants to fix this.

On Mar 21, 2006, at 6:39 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:23, Noah Silverman wrote:
Hello,

I have a mission critical problem that I cant seem to solve.  Can
anyone help??

I'll even offer $100 paypal if someone gives me the answer to solve
this issue.

If it's mission-critical, consider paying a professional rate.

The issue:
	when I load a php file in a browser that references mysql, it
crashes the apache thread.

PHP?  Thread?  Bad news.
Actually, I think it is an apache "child" not a thread.  My mistake.

The clues:
	if I call the same php from the command line, it works perfectly!
	If I call a php file that doesn't use mysql, it works perfectly!
	The problem is only when calling a php file using mysql THROUGH A
BROWSER.

Underspecified problem.  What's the traceback?

The environment
	slackware with kernel 2.6.11.8
	php 5.1.2
	apache 2.2.0
	mysql 4.1.18 (pre-compiled downloaded from mysql.com)

I should try ldd on all the binaries involved. You might, for example,
have more than one version of the mysql client library linked.
Apache 2.2 links the threadsafe libmysqlclient_r version if
compiled with mysql support.

--
Nick Kew