Re: [users@httpd] apache check

Another process is already running and attached
to port 8080 most likely.  You will see the same
issue when starting other daemons twice when
the first instance is still running and bound
to the port.  Maybe httpd was still running?
I have done that many times myself.

Scott

Garry Taylor wrote:
> Jason Henderson wrote:
>
>> can anyone tell me what this means please
>>
>> i ran the test config and this is the reply i got
>>
>> only one usage of each socket address(protocol/network address/port)
>> is normally permitted : make_sock could not bind to address
>> 192.168.1.100:8080
>> no listening sockets available shutting down
>> unable to open logs
>>
>> thank you

> looks like some other demon is using port 8080. Try running a "lsof -n |
> grep 8080" to find out what it is.
> Giz

Scott Smyth, consultant
ssmyth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx