RE: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication not working in Gentoo Linux

Aha.... but where is this directive? If it's in another VH, or the "main config" then your directives in <VirtualHost anaconda.localhost.com:80> will never get used...

Have a think about scoping and where each directive should be...

I just saw your next message - (where you get it working with the static file directory).. Things to try:

- move the ScriptAlias into the VH
- read up on CGIs (difference between ScriptAlias and ExecCGI) - you're a bit mixed up there too...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> When I commented it then another error occured "404 Not Found"
>
> if this directive is uncommented then again it doesn't ask
> for authentication.
>
> regards
> Manilal

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.