Re: [users@httpd] please help me!

Thanks men, but Mambo still saying that is unwriteable
why is that?

if I use as servername www.artenovias.cl do I have to name www.artenovias.cl.conf or can be artenovias.conf?

my artenovias.conf file only have:
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/Mambo>
 AllowOverride All
 </Directory>

On 3/6/06, Ga�Lams <lamsgael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> under SUSE 10. My idea is to name my localhost as Linux and a virtualhost
> with the domain "www.artenovias.cl". So the computer (browser) respond when
> typing http://Linux and http://www.artenovias.cl

From what I hope I understand from your post, you don't need to use
virtual host, as you're working only with one host, www.artenovias.cl.

So for the time being, forget about the virtual host configuration
(delete the file you created)

Just define www.artenovias.cl in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 as your host name.

Let the Mambo folder in /srv/www/htdocs.

In Suse (I always found its apache's configuration a mess) you should
never modify directly httpd.conf. You should instead indicate in
/etc/sysconfig/apache2 a file in which you will put your own
configuration.

For instance, in /etc/sysconfig/apache2, go to the apache include
files line and modify it like:
APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES=" artenovias.conf"

Then create the artenovias file in /etc/apache2 and add
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/Mambo>
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And add Linux in the hosts file of your PC (nothing to do with apache).

gael