RE: [users@httpd] Segment Fault

Could be that apache or a module that was compiled with a path to a lib that is no longer valid... You could try running apache in single user mode under strace or truss. Difficult to do on a live server - can you not reproduce the fault on a test instance?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

PS - I could offer less vague advice if I knew the OS and apache version...

> When I try to process of the new system I get an apache segment fault
> and the child dies.
> I have tried running gbd but this produces nothing as I don't think
> debuging support was compliled in. I have also tried to
> enable CoreDump
> without any sucess. Also I don't really know how to get gdb
> to find the
> right pid for the child.
>
> Log file show: [date and time] [notice] child pid 1685 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the PayPal libs
> without sucess.
>
> This is a live server so I am reluctent to reinstall apache.
> Does anyone
> have any ideas on what I could do next?
>
> Thanx for any help you can give me.
> PS I have Googled and read all the FAQ and tried everything
> from Apache
> Debuging page.
> Giz

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.