Re: [users@httpd] apache and webmin

Richard de Vries wrote:

The fact "locate" shows the file as being there does
not necesarrily mean it is still there. Have you tried
doing a "ls -la /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.5". Perhaps
libexpat.so.5 is a symbolic link to a no longer
existing file?
You were correct the file is gone dam how did that happen, anyway i should give my head a shake for not double checking the locate database before posting. How do i get it back where did it come from I tried reinstalling apache but get this now. Sorry i feel kind of useless but i do not know what to do next.

onfig.status: creating include/ap_config_auto.h
config.status: include/ap_config_auto.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default commands
sed: 1: "s,%%FTPUSERS%%,$FreeBSD ...": bad flag in substitute command: 'v'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/apache20.

Additionally, you could try to set your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to specifically include
/usr/local/lib; thus "export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH;LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

--- RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <luck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello i have recently installed webmin/virtual min
on my Freebsd 4.11 system and it seems to have broken apache2. However apache has been running so well for so long i have not had to look at it so this could be unrelated to the forementioned webmin install. This is my problem i get the error below however as u can see i have both of the files that apache cannot find. I am very confused and need
some guidance please help.

tokyo.computerking.ca > /usr/local/etc/apache2
#apachectl stop /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libexpat.so.5" not found, required by "httpd"
[Wed Mar 01] 01:19 PM [0]
tokyo.computerking.ca > /usr/local/etc/apache2
#locate ld-elf.so.1
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1.old

/usr/local/share/mindi/rootfs/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/obj/usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/share/man/man1/ld-elf.so.1.1.gz
[Wed Mar 01] 01:20 PM [0]
tokyo.computerking.ca > /usr/local/etc/apache2
#locate libexpat.so.5
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.5

For additional commands, e-mail:
users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx