RE: [users@httpd] Why doesn't Apache bind socket to vhost's IP addr.?

Ok guys, got that.

I will have to watch the load on the server
and then possibly decide on compiling a lean static httpd with
only rudimentary functionality
(e.g. this one wouldn't need mod_ssl, mod_vhost, mod_include,
mod_rewrite, ...)
which exclusively serves my private LAN.
Maybe even CPAN's HTTP::Server::Simple or the embedded Linux
Kernel HTTP server
would suffice?

Regards
Ralph