Re: [users@httpd] Basic question

It was thus said that the Great Tezyn Drasdin once stated:

> On 2/21/06, David Wolever <wolever.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > You can either use:
> > GET http://wolever.wolever.net/ HTTP/1.1
> > or specify a host:
> > GET / HTTP/1.1
> > Host: wolever.wolever.net
> >

> The thing about that is it still requires that I either modify the hosts
> file, or it needs Name Resolution.  I am going to be working on different
> computers, and they won't let me go around and modify all of the hosts file
> every time I need to run a test, so I have to figure out how I can telnet
> into the server, and Pass the information that it needs to identify which
> VirtualHost that needs to respond.... now that I say it, it sounds like a
> problem that information that I need to pass while I am making the
> connection, and not after....

  Nope.  On my development server, I set up a virtual domain for
"boston.groomlake.area51" (which is *not* a valid Top Level Domain) and then
did the following (lines marked with a "*" is where I typed):

	[spc]marvin:~>telnet 66.252.226.51 80
	Trying 66.252.226.51...
	Connected to linus.area51.conman.org.
	Escape character is '^]'.