RE: [users@httpd] Validity of regex in mod_alias context

Hi Andre´,

I removed the IfModule tags as you suggested.

I also removed the RedirectMatch directive from mod_alias
an instead load the bulk of mod_rewrite.
In the directory container I included these directives

Alias /loo/ /var/www/turd/
<Directory /var/www/turd>
        Options SymlinksIfOwnerMatch
        RewriteEngine   on
        RewriteCond     %{HTTPS} !=on
        RewriteRule     ^(?:.+://)?(.*) https://$1 [R,L]
        SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

But it doesn't work either when I GET http://localhost/loo/, and
after having raised to debug log level
I get this reference to a possibly forgotten FolowSymLinks
directive
(only because of this did I include SymlinksIfOwnerMatch in the
container)

[Tue Feb 21 17:52:48 2006] [error] [] Options FollowSymLinks or
SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule
directive is forbidden:

Actually, I don't find the error message much helpful
as I did what it said an provided the SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
(I realize to have spelled Links with lower case l,
but I suppose case doesn't matter?