Re: [users@httpd] Soft. Load Balancer Recommendations

Be glad to, so I have this setup:

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.50:80>
 ProxyRequests      off
 ServerName         myURL.mydomain.net

 ProxyPass    /balancer-manager  !
 ProxyPass    /    balancer://mycluster/  stickysession=JSESSIONID  nofailover=On
 ProxyPreserveHost   On

 <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
 BalancerMember http://10.1.1.100:7777
 BalancerMember http://10.1.1.200:7777
 </Proxy>

  <Location /balancer-manager>
   SetHandler balancer-manager
  </Location>

</VirtualHost>
But am seeing these:
[Fri Feb 17 14:50:32 2006] [error] proxy: BALANCER: (balancer://mycluster). All workers are in error state for route (e3aKaxiTc3qQe34RbN0Nc3ySchj0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe)

[Fri Feb 17 14:58:25 2006] [error] proxy: BALANCER: (balancer://mycluster). All workers are in error state for route (e3aKaxiTc3qQe34RbN0Nc3ySchj0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe)

But not sure what that is talking about and there seems to be limited information on it currently.

When I hit refresh it seems to be switching from BalancerMember #1 to #2 which is fine initially, however when actually going into my java application, I'm seeing that my images aren't working and I'm getting:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Since on one of the application servers the java process was shut down? so can it detect if /whatever is giving a 404 error response and try another balancemember?

Thanks

On Sunday 19 February 2006 23:26, James Wuerflein wrote:
> I'm looking for a software load balancer solution where I could do 1 to
> many backend  webservers, and also have the option to maintain some
> session persistance with jsession?  Additionally, would like to be able
> to do many proxy or load balancers to many backend webservers or
> application servers.

Erm, why not start by telling us what's the matter with Apache's
bundled loadbalancing capabilities?  It's one of the 'headline'
improvements in Apache 2.2, and if it doesn't meet your needs
the details would be useful.

--
Nick Kew

the system manager.