[users@httpd] rewrite module/regexp question

Hi everyone

I have a question about regexp use with apache 2.0.55

I have an url: http://www.domain.com, I want visitors that visits this site to go to the following http://www.otherdomain.com/Amat%C3%B8ren/

I use the following rewrite:

RewriteRule ^/$ http://www.otherdomain.com/Amat\%C3\%B8ren/ [R]

My problem is that when its written out to the client, it comes out like this

http://www.otherdomain.com/Amat%25C3%25B8ren/

I used the \ to indicate that the next place should loose special meaning, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have also tried using ‘signs around ‘http://www.otherdomain.com/Amat\%C3\%B8ren/’

Anybody have an idea howto write this out correctly to the clients?

Mvh

Kjell Grindalen

unauthorized and may be illegal.