[users@httpd] RE [users@httpd] ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse switch from http to https on redirect? (Apache 2.2.0)

Should I post a bug report?

Than Do it

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kresimir Peharda [mailto:kpeharda@xxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Di 14.02.2006 21:04
An: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] RE [users@httpd] ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse switch from http to https on redirect? (Apache 2.2.0)

--- Oliver.Schaudt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Can you turn on "LogLevel Debug" and post some lines out of it.
>If occur, Lines around "proxy: HTTPS: declining URL" or "proxy: HTTP:
>serving URL"

Ok, I tried that, but nothing like HTTPS in the logs. As I said, I suspect that
the problem is in rewriting replies properly. Requests are fine. At this stage
I am suspecting a bug, unless someone is ready to convince me that rewriting
replies to always start with "http", and never with "https" is wanted
behaviour.

>In addition to the LogLevel "Debug" you can use a RewriteRule in Conjunction
>with ProxyPreserveHost on instead of a ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse combination
> So instead of
>   ProxyPass         /b-end/ http://backend/
>   ProxyPassReverse  /b-end/ http://backend/
> use
>   RewriteRule       ^/b-end/(.*)$  http://backend/$1 [P,L]
>   ProxyPreserveHost On
> Than turn on "RewriteLog logs/fe-rewrite.log" and "RewriteLogLevel 9"

I did that too. So, "RewriteRule" works just like ProxyPass, but
"ProxyPreserveHost On" does not have the same effect like ProxyPassReverse.

Any ideas on how to use "Header" directive or external filters to rewrite
headers in replies? From my experiment with external filters I could deduce
that they work on the content of replies, rather than on their headers. Is that
true?

Should I post a bug report?

Cheers,
Kresimir