[users@httpd] Apache 2.2 seems to have problems with CIFS mounted filesystems

Has anyone else run into anything like this? Just upgraded to Apache 2.2.0 on a linux box running 2.6.10 kernel. This machine mounts some windows shares via CIFS (eg. mount -t cifs //windowsfs/share /local/mount/point) For some of the virtual hosts the UserDir's lie on these mounted CIFS filesystems. After upgrading to 2.2, whenever you try to visit one of these UserDir pages, if it's an .html page you get the html but no images work, if it's anything else you get a blank page. Additionally, we see these in our error logs:

[Mon Feb 13 14:55:08 2006] [info] [client 172.16.10.7] (75)Value too large for defined data type: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

However, as soon as you unmount the CIFS mount and then mount it again as SMBFS(eg. mount -t smbfs //windowsfs/share /local/mount/point), everything works like a charm. But under Apache 2.0, the CIFS mount worked no problem. Anyone else seen this or know a work around? Unfortunately mounting the shares as SMBFS fails under a heavy load so we have to stick with CIFS mounting. And yes, before you say it, I realize it's not the best way to run a webserver serving up pages from a windows mounted share, but it makes it extremely easy for all our users to develop websites without having to explain to them how to ftp or sftp data to the webserver.

Tim

--
Tim Garton
Director of Technology

begin:vcard
fn:Tim Garton
n:Garton;Tim
org:High Tech High
adr:;;2861 Womble Rd.;San Diego;CA;92106;USA
email;internet:tgarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Director of Information Technology
tel;work:619-243-5009
tel;cell:619-347-9531
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.hightechhigh.org