Re: [users@httpd] default mime.types does not contain "gz" - any reason why not?

Users are not really supposed to edit the mime.types file
directly. I think this is what the AddType directive is for.

The Apache webmaster may have edited the mime.types file.
Most likely, he/she has just added the following directive
to httpd.conf.

# AddType allows you to add to or override the MIME configuration
# file mime.types for specific file types.
AddType application/x-compress .Z
AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .hml